It’s the 2022 Two Geeks Christmas special! And as promised, it’s a sort-of-Christmas-romcom episode.
Here, Tom looks back at the 2001 romance film Serendipity starring John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale, while Morgan delves into 1998’s You’ve Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.
Sure, it doesn’t sound like geek fodder that belongs on the podcast, and you might be right….
In the episode, we discuss:
- Can John Smiths be classed as a ‘Christmas’ beer?
- Don’t put on Christmas jumpers you bought a few years ago. It will crush you.
- Do you have a ‘going to bed’ film of choice?
- The romcom trope of having a ‘perfect breakup’ and then instantly chasing someone else (we’re looking at you, Matthew McConaughey in The Wedding Planner)
- What was the golden age of romcoms?
- Why Kate Beckinsale deserved better
- Why men should enjoy romcoms together more often
- Does Morgan now finally like Tom Hanks?
- Is Jude Law the most beautiful man of all time?
- Friends (NBC)
- Serendipity (Miramax)
- You’ve Got Mail (Warner Bros)
- The Wedding Planner (Columbia)
Please leave us a review here!
You can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
We’re now also on TikTok!
Please support us Patreon, and get some awesome exclusive Two Geeks goodies!