Save the cheerleader, save the world… or at least until season 5.
For this episode, Tom takes Morgan on a look back at 2000s sci-fi series Heroes, and perhaps the biggest drop from gold to meh in TV history.
We discuss the NBC comic-style drama’s fantastic first season, its disappointing follow-ups, and how it may have inspired our love of superhero films.
Also in the episode:
- Tom gets progressively drunk and angry when remembering how Heroes went.
- We find a tenuous link to Love Actually
- Morgan laments people’s insistence of calling comics graphic novels
- We remember how Ando once appeared on Soccer Aid and didn’t know what corners were
- The weird backtracking of making Sylar a good guy and sexy bloke despite eating people’s brains (or did he?)
- Is there an ‘Ashanti Virus’?
- How Peter left his girlfriend to die in a parallel universe apocalyptic future
- How bloody brilliant was Gilmore Girls?
- Heroes (NBC)
- Heroes Reborn (NBC)
- The Champions (ITV)